Where are London property prices heading now?
In the UK, property investment is seen as the preferred route to wealth by most people. Even those who aren’t investing (home buyers) gauge their wealth by how much their house has increased in value. It’s the largest expenditure the majority of people make, and offers many benefits to investors. These include seven reasons why investing in property beats all other investments:
- You’re in control of your investment while others do the work
- Rental income is better than stock dividends (and paid monthly)
- The history of capital gains is stronger than even stocks in the long term
- It’s a tangible asset – something real to leave the kids when you die
- The government provides ways to reduce your income tax bill by claiming deductibles
- Leverage powers your property investment return – you use other people’s money to make money
- With the right investment education, property investment in the UK is easy to understand
However, even given this unique set of benefits of investing in property, when prices have increased by as much as they have in the last few years and then start to cool down, you’ll want to know if property is still the best investment in the today.
In this article I’ll look at how London property prices are currently performing, the reasons why they are moving the way they are, and whether property is still the best investment.