So I am an optimist at heart so let's start with the 2 good emotions you'll experience in 2016:
1. Smile… Because all experts are predicting house price increases across the UK.
- Halifax 4%-6%
- Hometack 7%
- Henry Pryor 2%
- Capital Economics 6%-8%
- RICS 6%
- Nationwide 3%-6%
- and myself, Brett Alegre-Wood 6%
This is indeed a good news if you own property outside London and commuter towns as we should all see our properties increase this year after skipping a whole property cycle.
2. Frown… Because most property experts are wrong most of the time.
Yes, you heard it right. I’ve been tracking and predicting house price predictions for years and even comparing the predictions back with the actual house price index that year.
But if I stop fixating on the numbers and look at the bigger picture, they do get the trend right most of the time.
Download a free copy my new book.
To find out more about the experts and how you can predict house prices, my new book, How to Predict House Prices, is free to download.
One Great Property Idea
How Property Investors with Little Time Can Invest in New Build and Off Plan Property using a Regeneration Strategy and Where Exactly to Invest in 2022.
THIS WEDNESDAY @
1230pm London GMT
530pm GMT London
- Why most experts are wrong most of the time
- How to predict the future of the housing market by understanding past trends
- How to make money in any market and get better returns
Live with passion and fun,
PS Number 3. Disgust…. Is the ‘illegal tax' that many of us are contesting in court introduced last year by George Osborne.