New build in Manchester should benefit from growing demand from families
All the property fundamentals are driving the opportunity for Manchester property investment. The city is the jewel in the North West of England. It’s a city that offers something for everyone. It’s a lifestyle city, with a heart that beats with a vibrant, eclectic atmosphere, and a rapidly growing local economy.
For property investors who are targeting families, Manchester is a place that offers amazing education facilities across the age spectrum. In this article, you’ll learn more about the educational environment in Manchester and why it is helping to create a massive potential for property investment here.
Comprehensive education opportunities for all
From pre-schools to universities, Manchester’s network of educational facilities is incredible.
Securing the best education for children is a major factor in the decision-making process of choosing where to live. Manchester is proving itself to offer remarkable educational options – benefitting property prices, radiating from the city centre.
There are more than 170 primary and high schools. Several are rated in the top 5% nationwide. The city benefits from an amazing choice of education establishments, from multicultural state schools to grammar schools, as well as several free schools and inspirational independent schools. This network is complemented by an incredible array of higher education and universities, and adult education facilities – indeed, Manchester is now home to the largest student population in Europe. Many of these students remain in Manchester after graduating, beginning careers and further enhancing demand for property.
Schools are well represented in the nation’s educational league tables. Most are rated highly, and with a network of state and independent schools, educational choice is extensive.
There are many high schools in which pupils consistently attain five or more A to C-graded GCSE qualifications. The best achievers include the Withington Girls’ School and Manchester High School for Girls, both of which achieved a 100% pass rate at grades A to C. Other highly-rated secondary schools include William Hulme’s Grammar School, Kassim Darwish Grammar School for Boys, and Chetham’s School of Music.
Manchester benefits from an impressive network of colleges and universities. All educational interests and levels are catered for, whether school leavers entering university or adult learners seeking vocational courses.
There are more than 20 colleges and other educational institutions in the city region offering a range of specialities. The Royal Northern College of Music is the first choice for aspiring musicians from around the UK and overseas. The total student population is one of the largest in the UK:
- Around 105,000 studies at one of the region’s universities
- A further 300,000 pupils attend colleges and other educational establishments
Key disciplines studied at degree level across Manchester’s universities are:
- Computer science
- Engineering and technology
- Business and Admin
- Creative Arts and Design
Of these, the most popular are Business and Admin.
The network of universities includes the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Salford, and the University of Bolton. Also, there are a further 18 higher education and university establishments in the wider northwest region.
Most of these universities and colleges have a long tradition of partnering with local businesses. They also work with external organisations and engage in knowledge transfer partnerships regionally, nationally, and internationally.
The University of Manchester is the UK’s largest single-site university and has produced 25 Nobel Prize winners from current and former staff and students.
The property fundamentals are aligned for Manchester property investment
It’s not only Manchester’s education amenities which are set to drive successful property investment here:
- Manchester is a mecca for retail therapy. It has some of the best and most famous shopping centres in the UK, and a plethora of boutiques and independent stores.
- Manchester’s entertainment scene is unrivalled outside of London. Manchester Arena is Europe’s largest indoor concert venue. The city boasts more than a dozen cinemas and tens of museums and art galleries. It is also within easy reach of some of the UK’s most outstanding areas of natural beauty, including the Lake District, Peak District, and Yorkshire Dales. Sports facilities are limitless.
- The city is one of the best connected in Europe, with extensive road, rail, and bus networks as well as an extensive canal network. Manchester Airport, which was ranked the UK’s best airport at the 2015 Globe Travel Awards, is just minutes from the city centre.
- Manchester boasts the UK’s second largest economic region in the UK after London and produces 3.5% of the entire nation’s GVA. It’s a powerhouse of job creation, with a diverse and rapidly expanding economy which makes it well protected against an economic downturn.
- Manchester is benefitting from its status as being the first UK city to take advantage of the devolution of power and financing from the central government. The Greater Manchester City Deal makes billions available for investment here, supporting urban regeneration and the creation of enterprise zones and thousands of jobs.
Oh, and did I tell you that the Economist Intelligence Unit ranked Manchester as 43rd in its list of the world’s top 50 liveable cities in 2016, ten places higher than London and above lifestyle luminaries like San Francisco and Seattle?
Manchester property investment – can you afford to miss the opportunity?
Contact one of the Gladfish team today on +44 (0)207 923 6100, and discover more about the amazing property investment opportunities in Manchester.
Live with passion,